Figs with Prosciutto & Buffalo Mozzarella
Serves 2 adults
3 ripe figs halved
1 medium ball buffalo mozzarella (you can use bocconcini but it’s not as creamy or tasty)
4 pieces of prosciutto, sliced thinly
Aged balsamic vinegar
Small handful of fresh basil
Arrange the figs, mozzarella and prosciutto on a serving plate.
Drizzle lightly with the balsamic and scatter with basil.
Caramel Figs with Honey & Cinnamon Yoghurt
Serves 2 adults and 2 kids
4 ripe figs, halved
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup water
King Island honey & cinnamon yoghurt (or flavour greek yoghurt yourself)
Cinnamon powder, for dusting
- Heat the caster sugar and water in a small saucepan and swirl to mix, don’t stir.
- Continue to cook on a medium heat, until the caramel is golden.
- Using a fork, gently dip the skin side of the figs in the caramel and place on a sheet of baking paper to set for 10 minutes. Be careful the caramel is really hot!
- Spoon the yoghurt onto plates and dust with extra cinnamon.
- Arrange the figs and serve.