Thank you Stephanie Alexander for introducing me to the combination of beetroot and dark chocolate, they’re a match made in heaven. The muffins have kept fresh in a air-tight container, and have been a great addition to my daughters lunchbox each day.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and grease the a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Lightly mix the eggs and milk together and set aside.
- In a food processor or mixer process the butter, oil and 2 types of sugar until nice and creamy. Gradually add the milk and egg mixture and process until combined.
- Add the batter to the flour mix and fold together. Stir in the beetroot, making sure you don’t over mix.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the holes and press a square of chocolate into each muffin.