This dish is sooooooo yummy and can be pre-prepared, so it makes for a great family meal or even a dinner party dish.
Serves 2 adults and 2 kids
500g butternut pumpkin (skin removed and chopped into chunks)
2 egg yolks
100g plain flour
50g grana padano or good quality parmesan cheese (grated)
Salt & pepper
1 tbs butter
- Pre heat oven to 180C and roast the pumpkin on a tray until really soft and golden (this should take about 45 mins).
- Blend the pumpkin until smooth and spoon out into a bowl. Add the egg yolks, flour, cheese and season to taste. Mix well.
- Line a large tray with foil and lightly oil it. Olive oil spray works well, if you don’t have this a little olive oil brushed over works fine.
- Fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring it to the boil. Using two teaspoons quinelle or spoon out the mixture and use the other spoon to spoon the gnocchi into the water. Just a do a few at a time as they cook really quickly.
- You know when they are done when they float to the surface. When cooked, gently transfer them to the oiled tray.
- When done, glad wrap the tray and place it in the fridge.
- Just before serving, gently heat the butter in a non stick saucepan. Gently fry the gnocchi in batches until golden brown and serve top with some more cheese.
- You could add sage to the butter as well. We had some garlicky spinach as a side.