Well if this doesn’t make you salivate, I don’t know what will (unless you’re a vegetarian or kosher that is). I wanted to do a ham before Christmas, as we are heading away. If you happen to be on ham duty this year, this glaze is really easy and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar and mustard.
- Gently remove the skin from the ham, leaving a layer of fat.
- Score the fat with a knife into diamond shapes.
- Place the ham in a roasting tin lined with baking paper.
- Baste the ham with the glaze and bake for 10 minutes.
- Re-baste and bake for another 10 minutes and then repeat one more time. Baking for 30 minutes in total until its a beautiful golden brown.
- Let it cool and carve.