I deliberately made these small so I can have more than one. The tip to success is to cook them until just golden, if they are still a little soft when they come out the oven, they will be perfect.
Choc chip cookies
250g softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2+1/4 cups plain flour
2 cups dark choc chips (or 1 cup white choc chips and 1 cup chopped macadamias)
- Pre heat your oven to 180C and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer, until pale and light & fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Using a spatula, mix through the choc chips.
- Using you hands, roll small even sized balls of mixture and place them on the tray. Gently flattening them as you go.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and cool.