Deliciousness | Banana Walnut & Maple Syrup Cake Recipe
SERVES: PREP: COOK: PRINT CONVERSIONS
Banana, walnut & maple syrup cake
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 + 1/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbs maple syrup
3 tbs butter, melted
2 banana’s, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 block cream cheese
1 tbs icing sugar
extra chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven t0 200C and grease & line a non stick loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place flour, cinnamon & sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, maple syrup & banana’s and whisk to combine.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir.
- Add the melted butter and finally the chopped walnuts and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes. Test with a skewer if there is still a little wet mixture on the skewer, turn the oven off and leave the cake there for another 10 mins. This cake is supposed to be moist so don’t overcook it.
- Finally mix the cream cheese and the icing sugar together. Spread on the cooled cake and scatter with walnuts.