This weeknight winner is adaptable to any tastes. I often make it on a Monday to use up leftovers as that’s all I generally have in the fridge anyway.
1 qty of pizza dough (see recipe below)
2 cups mozzarella (grated)
12 slice ham/prosciutto
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup fresh basil
Make the dough first.
1 tsp active dry yeast
2/3 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups plain flour
- Place yeast & water in a bowl and allow to stand until mixture starts to bubble.
- Add flour, salt & oil and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Knead dough for 5 mins or until elastic (if you are lucky enough to have a mixer with a dough hook, by all means use this instead)
- Put the dough into a clean, lightly oiled bowl, cover & allow to stand in a warm place for 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Roll out the dough into a large circle, flouring the bench as required.
- Decorate with half of the mozzarella, the ham, spinach and basil then put the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Starting from the end gently roll up the pizza. Tuck the ends underneath and transfer the roll to a lightly floured baking tray.
- Baste the roll with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 -25 minutes and let it cool before cutting into slices.