Fresh Borlotti Bean Soup Recipe
This is my favourite bean. Not only is it so pretty but the flavour of the bean when cooked fresh in unbelievable.
I have a great thick soup/stew recipe where I make use of these fresh beans whilst they are in season. It’s really hearty and delicious. Give it a try.
Borlotti bean soup
Serves 6 (freezes well too)
2 onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
50 mls olive oil
1 can whole peeled Italian tomatoes, chopped finely
1 ham hock
1 litre chicken stock
1 litre water
250g podded borlotti beans
100g small macaroni pasta
1 small handful Italian parsley, chopped
- Chop onions, carrots & celery. Heat the olive oil in a stockpot & saute vegetables gently over a medium heat for 8-10 mins or until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the ham hock and the stock and simmer gently for 2 hrs.
- When done, remove the hock and shred the meat from the bone into small pieces, discarding the bone & fat.
- Add meat to soup with beans and pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and add some cracked pepper & serve with parmesan.
NB you won’t need to add salt as the hock itself is quite salty.
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES