Hedgehog Slice Recipe
Be warned, these are likely to give you a head rush. In a good way.
250g unsalted butter
300g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbs good quality dutch cocoa
250g digestive or granita biscuits, crushed into chunks
160g good quality dark chocolate buttons
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Line a lamington tin (smallish rectangle) with baking paper, allowing extra to go up the sides.
- Heat the butter, sugar, egg and cocoa in a large saucepan on a gentle heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Slightly increase the heat and stir until starting to bubble.
- Add the chocolate (reserving a little to drizzle the top with) and stir to melt through.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then add the vanilla and the biscuits.
- Press into the prepared tin as evenly as you can. I like my hedgehog about 3cm deep.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate on top using a spatula and sweeping movements.
- Allow the hedgehog to cool before turning it out onto a board and cutting into squares.
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES