Hummingbird Cake Recipe
This cake is sooooooo delectable. Very quick mix and bake.
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 440g tin of crushed pineapple in natural juice (drain and reserve the juice)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup grapeseed or rice bran oil
1/4 cup pineapple juice (from tin)
Cream cheese & coconut frosting
65g butter (softened)
200g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift together flours, bicarb and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix together well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale, then add the cream cheese and vanilla.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cake and scatter with the shredded coconut.
You won’t have any problems finding takers to lick the bowl..
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES