This cake is sooooooo delectable. Very quick mix and bake.
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 440g tin of crushed pineapple in natural juice (drain and reserve the juice)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup grapeseed or rice bran oil
1/4 cup pineapple juice (from tin)
Cream cheese & coconut frosting
65g butter (softened)
200g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift together flours, bicarb and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix together well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale, then add the cream cheese and vanilla.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cake and scatter with the shredded coconut.
You won’t have any problems finding takers to lick the bowl..