Jerusalem artichoke soup recipe
I’m back! Just been moving house into a not quite finished renovation but a girls still got to eat. Especially a pregnant girl.
You’ve probably seen Jerusalem Artichokes around at the markets as they are in peak season. I look forward to making this soup each year, it’s as good as it gets.
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
1 tbs butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
750g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled with a paring knife and chopped
1 large potato, peeled & chopped
1.25 litres chicken stock
Dash of pouring cream (optional)
Sourdough bread, ripped into chunks
Salt & pepper
1 small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove (extra) crushed
- Saute the onion & garlic in the butter on a moderate heat for about 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the artichokes, potato and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes and ensuring that when done all vegetables are really tender.
- Let the soup cool slightly and then blend until smooth and season if required.
- When reheating to eat add a small dash of cream for a really smooth finish but this is entirely optional.
- For some rustic croutons, pan fry the chunks of sourdough with the olive oil & garlic until golden & crispy.
- Top the soup with the croutons, scatter with parsley and drizzle with olive oil or white truffle oil if you have it.
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES