First job today is to make Anzac biccies. Second job is to go and find a digger somewhere and give him a hug.
1 cup rolled oats
150g plain flour, sifted
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbs golden syrup
1 + 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Grease and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar & coconut in a bowl & mix well.
- On a low heat melt the butter & golden syrup together in a small saucepan.
- Mix the bicarb with 2 teaspoons of hot water and add to the melted butter mix.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients. (If the mixture is still a fraction too dry add a tiny bit of hot water.
- Roll walnut size balls of mixture, place on the tray and flatten slightly. Make sure you space them well as they will spread.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown. If you like them super crunchy cook them a little longer.
- Cool on tray.