Felt like baking with the girls today.
These cookies aren’t entirely guilt free but they don’t have any sugar apart from a little golden syrup. These are going to be a great lunchbox snack this week. Sultanas would be great to add, but I’ve got one who likes them and one who doesn’t, so what can you do?
1 cup plain flour
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups rolled oats
1 tbs sesame seeds
2 tbs golden syrup
1 tsp bicarb-soda
3 tbs boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl then add the coconut, oats & sesame seeds.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup in a saucepan until melted together.
- Dissolve the bi-carb in the boiling water then add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the foaming mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roughly spoon teaspoons of mixture onto baking trays and bake until golden. They won’t take long, so keep an eye on them.