Pea & Ham Soup Recipe
Who can resist a bowl of good old pea & ham soup? It’s a truly delicious tummy warmer. My version has a little bit of cabbage in it which cooks down to give the soup a really velvety texture.
Pea & ham soup
1 kg chopped smoked ham bones/shanks
500g green split peas
3 medium onions, finely chopped
4 carrots, peeled & chopped
4 celery sticks, chopped
1/4 cabbage, shredded finely
Sea salt & pepper
2 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
- Place the bones, peas, onions, carrots, celery and cabbage in a a stock pot & cover with 3 litres of cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 2 hrs and skim the top regularly for any impurities.
- Remove the ham and bones & allow to cool. Shred the meat off the bones, discarding any fat and skin.
- Add the shredded ham to the soup.
- Taste for salt & pepper and season to taste.
- Reheat, top with parsley & serve.
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES