Pretty | Lemon Madeleine Recipe
Sa va? Well we were just fine after we devoured these pretty little French delights for afternoon tea.
180g butter, melted and cooled
200g caster sugar
Fine zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp baking powder
200g plain flour, sifted
Icing sugar to dust
- Prepare your madeleine tray by basting each hole with butter and covering with a light dust of plain flour, then put your tray in the freezer until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs & sugar together until pale and doubled in size, then gently mix in the lemon zest.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into the egg mixture, then add the cooled butter and gently fold through everything until combined.
- Leave the mixture to rest in a cool place for 10 minutes.
- Gently spoon the mixture into each of the holes, until 3/4 full, no need to smooth them over, just leave them as is.
- Bake in the oven for 8 mins – 10 mins, give them a gentle touch, if firm and springy and golden remove them from the oven and turn them out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.
Cook & Food Stylist
YOU MAY USE ANY OF MY BLOG RECIPES, FOOD IMAGES, OR RECIPE CONTENT, JUST AS LONG AS YOU LINK BACK TO
WWW.MISHDELISH.COM OR CITE ME AS THE SOURCE AND FOOD STYLIST.
© COPYRIGHT MISHDELISH PTY LTD 2017 | GOOD FOOD BLOG, FOOD STYLING, FUN AND SIMPLE FOOD IDEAS & RECIPES