I stumbled across some freshly minced salmon at the market and immediately thought “fish burger”. I’m crazy like that. My mum made something similar to this when I was a kid, but she called them salmon patties and used tin salmon. The girls devoured these and they were so good cold in the lunches next day.
- Combine all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix gently until combined. Season well with salt & pepper. Don’t be shy as the potato needs quite a bit of seasoning.
- Shape into burgers and roll gently in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- If you have the time, place the burgers in the fridge for 3o mins. This will help them firm up so they will be easier to fry.
- Put a good glug of olive oil in a non stick frypan on a medium heat and cook burgers for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel & serve.