It’s been a long time between kids party’s for some reason and Ruby had a hankering for some sausage rolls. Since we’ve already made Anzac biscuits today, it seems fairly fitting to stick with the Aussie theme anyway.
250g pork mince
250g sausage mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, very finely diced or grated
100g grated cheddar
1 small handful parsley, finely chopped
1 small handful thyme, finely chopped
2 tbs tomato sauce
2 eggs (1 for basting)
Salt & pepper
350g good quality puff pastry or just use frozen pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place both meats, onion, carrot, cheese, herbs, tomato sauce, 1 egg in a mixing and season well with salt and pepper. Mix really well until all combined.
- Line pastry with 3 rows of mixture ( 2 and 1 if using pastry sheets.
- Roll up as tightly as you can, seal and score cutting marks. Baste with beaten egg & drizzle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool slightly on trays and cut into small pieces.