As last nights weather was reminiscent of a balmy night in Thailand, I created a Thai green curry with a twist. I’d picked up some fresh salmon fillets from the market not knowing what the heck I was going to do with them and created this dish with ingredients I had on hand. Such good warm weather food.
- Fry off the curry paste in the rice brain oil until fragrant.
- Add the garlic and chilli’s and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce and check for seasoning. It should have the perfect balance of sweet & saltiness. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and add the eggplant. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the eggplant is nice and soft but not breaking apart.
- Add the salmon and peas and simmer for 2 minutes then turn off heat and serve. The salmon should be just cooked.