Everybody likes a good rice pudding. The ultimate comfort dessert, if you ask me. This recipe by Jill Dupleix is my fave as the texture is so creamy and delicious.
Serve 4 (or 2 in my house)
1 litre full cream milk
120g arborio rice
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place rice and milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring every once in a while.
- Just before it reaches boiling point, lower the heat to gentle and simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes. Again, stirring every once in a while.
- Add sugar and vanilla and stir well until sugar dissolves.
- Mix cornflour into a paste with an extra tablespoon of milk. Add it to the rice and slightly raise the heat. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy it warm or cold.